In Episode 25 of Driven by Data: The Podcast, Kyle Winterbottom is joined by Dan Raine, CEO & Founder at Unlocked Data where they discuss how to monetise data through building sellable products.
After being responsible for monetising data through sale at a large global brand, Dan decided to start his own business in that space.
- How he became responsible for commercialising data as an asset to be sold in the corporate world
- How they build data products and services which help organisations productise their data as a sellable asset
- How this is applicable to every type of organisation, not just data or tech businesses
- Why you should commercialise data both internally and externally, simultaneously
- The importance of changing how you think
- Why it's an easier conversation to have to obtain buy-in
- Why it’s hard to quantify commercialising data internally versus externally
- How it gives you the ability to win new customers for the business
- The importance of making the customers the hero in your data storytelling
- The barriers to entry
- Why you have to focus on "pain relievers" and "gain creators"
- Why most organisations aren't set-up to deliver this themselves