Ep 14 | The Battle of Dirty Data with Susan Walsh, Founder of The Classification Guru
In Episode 14 of Driven by Data: The Podcast, Kyle Winterbottom is joined by Susan Walsh, The Classification Guru.
Susan is one of the industry's most recognisable faces when it comes to fixing dirty data.
She talks us through the key considerations which allow organisations to drive more value from their data, which includes:
- Why quality is a people issue and not a data issue
- Why you should always start with the end in mind
- The benefits of customised taxonomies
- Why it is an investment and not a cost
- The importance of standardisation
- Why maintenance is one of the biggest issues
- The benefits of classification
- Why data cleansing is viewed as a low-skilled job but isn't
- The importance of making it as easy as possible
- How showing your staff the path of the data and how their input affects the journey
- Why the different data sets need to be the right version of accurate for the people that are using it